Monday, February 3, 2020

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Sugar is sweet.
And so are you!
-Anonymous


Make your own ''Roses are red'' Valentine's Day poem! To start, think of different colors and words that rhyme with that color. Make a list on a piece of paper.

Ex. Black - snack, Green - mean, Red - head, Blue - new...

What color did you pick out of your own list? Think of something that is that color. After writing ''Roses are red'' write a line using the color that you chose. Here is an example:

Roses are red.
Olives are green.

Now think of a third line for your poem.

Roses are red.
Olives are green.
Be my Valentine.

Finally, write a line using the word that rhymes with your color. My color is green so my word is ''mean.'' My finished poem looks like this:

Roses are red.
Olives are green.
Be my Valentine.
Don't be mean!


What does your finished poem look like?